Modern Dating Vocabulary. Part 6
Here are more dating terms you should be aware of and why they are bad:
- Thirst trap: A picture posted on social media with the sole purpose of gaining attention and likes from strangers. It’s probably best not to comment or like anything; just scroll away.
- Curving: To let someone know you aren’t interested in them romantically before they make any moves. Usually done through body language and eye contact at first, but might get too verbal if they don’t seem to be getting the hint.
- Incel: A person who feels that they cannot attract potential sexual partners because of their social or physical inadequacies. This is usually associated with men, but women can suffer from this too. This term is derived from ‘Involuntary Celibate.’
- Stealthing: Removing a condom during sex without your partner knowing. It is obvious why this isn’t a good thing.
- Micro-cheating: When someone is demeaning the relationship by doing something that might be considered inappropriate outside of it. For example, they are using apps like Tinder or Grindr behind their partner’s back, having an emotional affair with someone they are not in a relationship with.
- Layby: When someone is sleeping with one person while they wait for another to get out of a relationship, or simply not interested in the other person but wants sex from them anyway.
- Catch and Release: To hang onto people you have been intimate with in the past, so that they will stay within your circle of friends. Similar to layby, but with less commitment.
If you’re looking for a dating app that will help you build healthy relationships, then download Flirtini today! Flirtini is the perfect app for singles who want to find love, make friends, and have fun.