Dating Tips For Single Parents
Dating is tricky for anyone, but it can be especially difficult if you are a single parent. Learning how to date again can seem daunting, especially if you are trying to find ways to juggle children and dating.
Well, don’t worry: you can start dating without sacrificing your family life with a bit of preparation and the right attitude. And in no time at all, you’ll be back out on the town with someone new.
If you’re a single parent and you’re ready to date again, here are tips that will help:
- Be upfront with the person you’re interested in. Let them know that you have a child and that your life is complicated.
- Be patient with the other person. They may not be accustomed to dating someone who has a child. So give yourself some time, but don’t give up!
- Don’t assume the other person will be a part of your child’s life. If you don’t know where the relationship is going, make sure to spell out your expectations upfront.
- Be prepared for people to judge you or treat you differently because of what they perceive as your “single-parent status.” You may want to try dating in low-key settings until you feel more comfortable with the person you’re dating.
- Try to make time in your schedule for your love life, but don’t let it interfere with the care of your child. Not only is this important for maintaining your relationship, but it can help you avoid feeling like a bad parent or having resentment towards someone who isn’t involved in raising your children.
- Be prepared for dating to take a back seat when you have other things going on in your life. It’s okay! Sometimes, being a single parent is more important than dating, and you may need to put the latter on hold while you take care of the former.
Download the Flirtini App — Flirtini is an excellent choice for anyone single. Download it today and find the perfect person for you!