People who love bomb are willing to do whatever it takes to sweep you off your feet. But what is the true motive behind their over-the-top affection? Even though their acts of kindness might seem so sincere, view them as a red flag and remember that nothing in this world comes for free.
What Is Love Bombing?
Love bombing is when someone showers you with praise, gifts, and constant attention until you’re head over heels in love with them, but then they stop giving warm feelings without any warning at all.
This leaves you confused and hurt: after all, if they loved me so much, why did they stop? So while this might sound like an ideal relationship at first glance, don’t let your emotions blindside your good sense.
Warning Signs: 10 Things To Look Out For
There are some warning signs to look out for so you don’t become the victim of such an empty relationship: Read these ten signs carefully before entering into a relationship with anyone — even friends! Then, you might just be able to save yourself some heartache.
1. The person always needs to be around you but never wants to meet your friends or family.
2. This person is eager for you to start dating them — they say things like “I don’t want us to waste time” or “as soon as I met you, I knew we were meant to be together.” If it sounds too good to be true…it probably is!
3. They give an impression of having very similar interests and values: in fact, they seem almost mirror images of each other! Remember: opposites attract, and differences can make relationships last.
4. They start giving you small gifts that seem entirely out of proportion to the time you’ve known each other.
5. You have an off feeling about them but can’t really explain why — so you push your doubts away and try to convince yourself that they’re a good person deep down inside!
6. This person seems to require control and ownership of you: they want to be the only one in your life, and they get really angry or upset if you’re around other people more than them.
7. You and this person only communicate through texting and social media: there’s no face-to-face communication at all!
8. This person claims that their ex was a bad partner and had been manipulating them all this time — even though they just broke up with them!
9. They gripe about everything you do and become irritable when you don’t perform precisely as they request.
10. If you catch them in a few lies, they’ll justify it by blaming someone else: this is known as scapegoating and is another indication of projection.
Avoid Becoming a Love Bomber
Avoid becoming a love bomber yourself by never promising someone more than you can give: this is one of the easiest ways to avoid heartache later. Instead, be honest about yourself, your goals, and what you want out of life. Also, never give false praise or pretend to be someone you’re not.
Be yourself and let the relationship progress naturally — it’s the best way to avoid being hurt in the end! Download the Flirtini App and start using it for free today. The Flirtini App is a great way to meet people and find new friends. Download the app now and try it out for yourself!